Jade Presents and The Arts Partnership are excited to continue the Jade Presents Arts Partnership Grants program.
This summer, a portion of every ticket sold to the 2017 Bluestem Summer Concert Series will be collected to uphold the grant’s mission of keeping local music supported in the region.
Grants will be awarded to support studio time, touring and recording expenses, sound equipment, rental costs and more. Cass and Clay resident musicians are encouraged to apply later this summer through The Arts Partnership.
2017 grant awardees:
- Stephanie Carlson, oboist, $2,000 to record an album of music by British composer Ruth Gipps, primarily of works that have never been recorded.
- Brian Carmona, indie/dream pop musician, $1,500 to create a full-length album accompanied by an intimate live experience.
- Lacey Guck, singer/songwriter, $2,500 to record and distribute her first full-length studio LP of original music.
- Max Johnk, bassist/composer, $1,800 to record a full-length studio album of jazz music by the Max Johnk Quartet.
2016 grant awardees:
- Stephanie Carlson, $900 toward a recital of oboe music by women composers.
- Sonja Harasim, $1,250 to commission, rehearse and perform a new piece for violin and piano.
- Ryan Hardy, $400 for private theatre organ lessons with a top professional theatre organist.
- Debora Harris, $1,500 for a solo flute concert highlighting women composers and ethnic cultures.
- Ska Skank Redemption, $1,000 to record five songs.
- Varying Degrees Trio, $1,346 for a series of regional concert performances for the percussion trio.
2015 grant awardees:
- Jillian LaDage
- Bunyan Land Beach Band
Details regarding the application process will be available early this summer. To learn more about the Jade Presents Arts Partnership Grants, visit theartspartnership.net/artist-resources-grants